Family Law Attorney in Monroe
When dealing with legal issues involving families, Campbell, House & Company know that emotions run high. That makes it critical to have an attorney who will guide you through the legal process while protecting your rights and your best interests. When you are involved in a divorce, child custody dispute, or an argument over the community settlement, working with a knowledgeable lawyer can ease your stress and anxiety.
Caring Representation for Divorce, Child Custody, and Child Support
We offer caring and skilled representation that is tailored to your unique situation. Our personal attention, combined with the knowledge and experience of our lawyer and staff, helps assure clients that we care. We want you to know that we will be seeking the best possible outcome for your case.
Types of Family Law Cases:
Family law issues may present themselves in many different ways including:
- DIVORCE: Whether you're contemplating divorce and wish to learn more about the dissolution of marriage process or the military divorce process, we can let you know what is required to get divorced in Louisiana.
- CUSTODY & VISITATION: A negotiated custody arrangement is always preferable to what a judge would decide. We advise both parties to work out all potential custody and visitation issues that work for them, while always keeping the best interests of the child at the forefront of the discussion. We assist with considerations such as relocation, modifications and grandparents' rights to visitation.
- CHILD SUPPORT: Child support is scheduled in Louisiana. While other factors such as any special needs of the child can affect the basic child support obligation, child support is calculated by a table that takes into account the incomes of both parents.
- ALIMONY/SPOUSAL SUPPORT: There are two main types of alimony in Louisiana: alimony pending during the litigation (alimony pendente lite) and permanent alimony (until the recipient spouse should remarry or pass away).
- PROPERTY SETTLEMENT : The legal issues in property settlement can be more complicated than any other area of family law. We help analyze the division of assets and debts under the community property rules. We will also assist you if you have concerns about unique issues such as hidden assets and the division of retirement accounts.
Each area of family law brings complex and evolving legal issues. For that reason, it is important that you have a knowledgeable attorney on your side. CALL US AT (318) 855-0285 OR fill out our FREE CASE EVALUATION to speak with an Attorney today.
For more information on divorce law click here.