Car Accident Lawyers in Shreveport, LA
The Centers for Disease Control reports that the public pays an estimated $1.01 billion for car accident deaths each year in Louisiana. These costs factor in medical expenses and lost work. These numbers, however, don’t account for the many people who suffer injuries after surviving a car accident. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury or loss after a car accident, you are not alone. You may be entitled to seek damages to cover your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Campbell, House & Cummins are car accident attorneys in Shreveport, LA who work with victims and families to help them seek the damages they may be entitled to receive. Our firm can speak to insurance adjusters, pursue negligent parties, and help you receive the best possible recovery permitted under the law.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Shreveport, LA
If you’ve been in a car accident in Shreveport, LA, there are certain steps you can take to protect your rights and protect your health and wellbeing. The immediate aftermath of a crash can be confusing, stressful, and chaotic. Here are some important steps you should take immediately after a crash in Shreveport, LA:
- Seek medical attention for all people involved. If a person is seriously injured, don’t move them unless there is another immediate hazard present. Call for an ambulance and emergency services. Even if you don’t believe you have suffered injuries after a crash, it is often wise to seek medical attention. Some injuries, like traumatic brain injury or post-traumatic stress disorder have symptoms that may not be apparent until days or weeks have passed.
- Call the police. A police report is important if you plan to make a claim with insurance or if you later need to seek damages against a negligent party. Always make a police report after an accident—small or large.
- Get the contact information of the other party. Get the other party’s insurance information, name, license plate numbers, phone numbers, and addresses. If there were witnesses who saw the accident unfold, you may want to gather their names and contact information as well.
- Take photos. These days most of us carry around phones with cameras. Take photos of the damage to your vehicle and photos of the scene of the crash.
- Call your insurance company. Call your insurance company and tell them you have been in an accident. Before accepting any settlement from your insurance company, it is important that you understand the extent of your injuries and your losses. It can take some time before this is fully understood. If your insurance company asks for additional information, you may want to ask that they contact you in writing. This way, you can show any communications to your auto accident lawyer. Any statement you make to an insurance adjuster can impact your settlement.
- Call a qualified auto accident lawyer. Campbell, House & Cummins are qualified auto accident lawyers in Shreveport, LA. Our attorneys can review police reports, speak to witnesses, and contact your insurance adjuster to help you get the maximum possible recovery under the law. Car accident victims may sometimes have trouble understanding what their case may be worth. The Shreveport, LA auto accident lawyers at Campbell, House & Cummins may be able to help.
CALL US AT (318) 855-0285 OR fill out our FREE CASE EVALUATION to speak with an Attorney today.
Determining Negligence After a Car Accident in Shreveport, LA
One of the most important factors that will determine the outcome of your car accident claim in Shreveport, LA involves who is found at fault for the crash. There are many factors that determine who is found negligent, or at fault, for a car accident. Sometimes, these factors may not be immediately evident at the scene of an accident. This is why it is incredibly important that you never admit blame after a crash. What factors go into determining who is at fault after a car accident?
- Traffic law. If the other driver ran a stop sign, was speeding, ran a red light, or failed to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk, he or she may be more likely to be found negligent for the crash. Drivers are required to abide by traffic laws, and when they break these laws, injuries and accidents can occur.
- Distracted or fatigued driving. The dangers of texting and driving are well noted. Every year, thousands of people are killed and hundreds of thousands more are injured due to distracted driving. Research has shown that fatigued driving can be as dangerous as drinking and driving. The car wreck lawyers in Shreveport, LA at Campbell, House & Cummins can review police reports and gather other evidence to show whether the other driver may have been texting and driving or fatigued.
- Drinking and driving. If the other driver was intoxicated, he or she could be found negligent for your accident.
- Poorly-maintained vehicle. If another driver’s poorly maintained vehicle resulted in your crash, the other driver may be at fault. Failure to regularly check brakes or tires can lead to situations where a driver can lose control of the car, resulting in a crash.
- Reckless driving or road rage. Drag racing, road rage, and other incidents can also lead to crashes resulting in serious injuries. If you’ve been a victim of another driver’s reckless actions, you may be entitled to seek damages today.
The car wreck lawyers at Campbell, House & Cummins work closely with victims and families to build the strongest possible case under the law. Negligence plays a big role in the outcome of a case. If you have been hurt in a crash, you may only have a limited amount of time under the law to make a claim and build your case.
Campbell, House, & Cummins are car accident lawyers in Shreveport, LA who understand the unique challenges that crash victims face. If you’ve suffered a broken bone, internal injuries, broken back, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, or other serious injury resulting from a car accident, the car accident lawyers at Campbell, House & Cummins are here for you. You are not alone.
For information on Shreveport personal injury law, click here.
Shreveport, LA Office
333 Texas St ste 1300
Shreveport, LA 71101
Call Today: (318) 855-0285